[rollei_list] Re: F16 Rule was Re: New Pics Posted....Rolleiflex and Zeiss Ikon images..

  • From: James Davis <jamesd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 12:54:46 +0000

Marvin Wallace wrote:

> In short Western Meters are Ok but I think the following analogy is fairly
> accurate when used in conjunction with a Rollei/Western combo, its like
> having a Rolls Royce and putting a 1970 Nissan Engine in it. It will do the
> job well and reliably, but you have to work quite a lot harder to achieve
> the same as you would with the best that is available.

Agreed, the Sekonic is far easier to use than my Weston especially since
it can give a direct EV reading. I just wanted to counteract the point
that Weston meters need some magic conversion factor to get the best out
of them. In my experience they haven't. Seeing as my Sekonic cost me
twenty times more I'm not going to complain about the limitations too
much ;-)

James

--
http://www.freecharity.org.uk/ - Free hosting for charities