[rollei_list] "Dinky Little Bottle"

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 22:03:19 -0400

At 04:49 PM 4/3/05 -0700, Richard Knoppow wrote:

> I'm not sure the Ektar was a dinky little=20
>bottle since Kodak was making outstanding lenses at the=20
>time.=20

Richard

Peter Dechert confirmed to me, more than a decade ago, that he was simply
referring to the lens's physical size.  If you ever see one, you will note
that it is probably the smallest f/2 normal LTM lens yet produced.  Dechert
simply worships Kodak Ektar optical qualities:  they made his early
reputation, along with Kilfitt lenses on Contax S cameras, back in that Red
Dog Saloon era.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx=20
Cha robh b=E0s fir gun ghr=E0s fir!