[rollei_list] Re: Christmas

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 12:08:21 -0600

At 06:12 AM 12/25/2012, Marc wrote, in part:
Have a grand time, Rollei folks. The Yule only comes once each year, and this is my 62nd occurrence of it. And in three weeks, I turn 63.

You're just a young buck.  I'm over 80 and I think Jerry can top that.

Here's what I posted on Facebook yesterday, and it's happening. (I'm going to take pictures during the day, now up to 1" of snow).

   *

   Why I hate Bing Crosby
* He used to sing "White Christmas" all the time- We had only 1 when I was growing up here, 1943, but not enough to use a sled! :-( He kept promising but never produced.
       * Then we had the biggest of all in 2009.
       * ...
* I looked it up and there were only 5 times between 1913 and 2011 with more than a "Trace" after Santa came.

* <http://www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/?n=climate-okc-christmasday>http://www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/?n=climate-okc-christmasday
       * Here are key samples from the records for my dates of living here-
       * Snow on Ground on Christmas Morning
       * 1943 1 inch
       * 2009 14 inches
* Now for the hot news- we expect to have as much as 10" by mid day tomorrow. * I sort of feel the same about Gene Autry. He kept promising a reindeer with a glowing red nose. He never delivered-with or without the red nose!

DAW