[rollei_list] Re: Bubbles in Schneider Lens!!!

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:26:02 -0700

At 12:51 PM 4/27/2005, David wrote:
>I caution that the OP says that the bubbles are "between the lens
>elements".  Wouldn't this imply the "bubbles" are actually separation.
>If so then the advise is probably much different.
>
>David
I just had another look at the description.  It says:

"Very small Bubbles in cement used to secure front element to lens body.
Not visible through lens and has no discernable effect on image."

I wonder what that really means.  If you take it literally it means there
are cement voids between some part of the glass and the mounting.

Or, one can say that it means between lens elements.

It will be interesting to see what the buyer says when the lens arrives.  I
do agree that small surface imperfections or voids anywhere don't make much
difference.  On the other hand, I think maybe what Jerry says about future
separation could be something to consider.  If that's the case it will take
a few years to see if that's the case.

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA