[rollei_list] Re: Automat 1

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 09:34:48 -0300

2011/5/24 Niels H. S. Nielsen <nhsn@xxxxxx>:
> "I have to share my excitement of a recent auction purchase.
> For quite a while I have been looking for a functional prewar (WWII) camera
> with an uncoated lens, and this one arrived today..."

Very nice camera, it shows very good condition.
The Automat first model was manufactured from August 1937 to February
1938 (7900 units). The Automat design was decisive for the "Grand
Prix" prize that F&H won during the 1937 International World
Exposition in Paris ("Exposition Internationale des Arts et des
Techniques Paris 1937") taking in consideration F&H outstanding
achievements in camera design, the jurors were all internationally
renowned experts and scientists.
The F&H "Diplome de Grand Prix" is shown in the Rollei Fototechnic
booklet "80 years Rollei", page 12.-