[rollei_list] Analysis of focus tests on Rolleiwide

  • From: "Allan Derickson" <alland435@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 22:13:37 -0700

I just scanned my first roll of film. I did focus tests at infinity (focus
knob hard against its stop), near distances (focused at 36 inches), and
calculated hyperfocal distances at f/22..

In the infinity tests it appears that objects closer, say 60 to 80 feet, are
sharper than objects at infinity.

In the close distance test focused at 36 inches, 36 inches and 38 inches
appear equally sharp and 40 inches appears somewhat sharper than 34 inches.

The hyperfocal tests look pretty good.

The close distance test and the infinity test contradict each other, don't
they?

Or perhaps its late and my brain is not functioning anymore.

Allan