[rollei_list] Re: AW: Re: Rollei 35 mm SLR Flange focal distance

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 16:43:17 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: <Dirk-Roger.Schmitt@xxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2014 1:39 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] AW: Re: Rollei 35 mm SLR Flange focal distance

Emanuel,

thanks a lot, but this information confuses me totally!
I do not understand what a lens vertex is.
In the light from Carlos' information I do not understand the 44,67 mm for the focal point.

I always manage to forget something. The back focus can be important where lenses are used in single lens reflex cameras because it must be long enough to clear the moving mirror. This is why symmetrical wide angle lenses are not used on SLR's, the stick into the camera box too far. Instead a reversed telephoto type WA lens must be used since its back focus is considerably longer than a regular WA lens for the same focal length.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles