[rollei_list] AW: Franke & Heidecke bankruptcy, insight

  • From: "Schmitt, Dirk-Roger" <Dirk-Roger.Schmitt@xxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 13:00:16 +0100

Well,

Off record I can tell, that at the time, Rollei was splitting in two companies
(one distribution and one production company) , one might have thought at the
CEO level that the  distribution company with the name of Rollei might survive
and the production part would go bankrupt soon. Hence most property and
licenses were kept with the distribution company Rollei. Due to some good
actions the management of the production company did perform, they survived
longer than Rollei distribution which closed operations some time ago. Although
the distribution company did not allow the production company to carry the name
Rollei neither Franke & Heidecke, the production company took Mr Franke and Mr
Heidecke on  board. This trick gave them the right to use legally thew name
without having got any name license from Rollei.
My respect for the management of Franke & Heidecke for keeping the company for
such a long time operational without any suppport from the owner of the  brand
name Rollei.

Dirk