[rollei_list] Re: A visit to Franke und Heidecke...OT Pianos

  • From: "dnygr" <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:29:10 -0500

In order to stay on topic, let me thank you for the photo of your piano.

Bechstein no longer builds pianos in Berlin. It might finish some there, but
the factory is elsewhere in what used to be the DDR, from what I know. The
Koreans have some money in the concern now.

Bluethner is made in Leipzig and is still family run.

Germans build great pianos and great cameras. I need to note the cameras to
remain on topic.
Doug