[rollei_list] Re: 6 x 9 search and amateur camera builders [OFF-TOPIC !!]

  • From: Emmanuel.Bigler@xxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 14:11:10 +0200 (CEST)

  [OFF ROLLEI TOPIC, SO FAR !]

> Very interested in a portable 6x9 folder, especially in one that can
> handle a mild wideangle (60mm) so I can do panoramic landscapes on my
> expeditions.

The 6x9 format is ideal for amateur DIY camera builders who do not
care for a coupled rangefinder. You can get a separate mechanical
rangefinder in the spirit of the small Voigtländer model.

http://35mm-compact.com/images/voigtlander-rangefinder-dos.jpg
http://www.ukcamera.com/classic_cameras/voigtzub.htm

Or use a modern laser rangefinder sold by hardware stores.

Two examples of home-built 6x9 cameras in France based on the
excellent Mamiya Press 6x9 rollfilm-holder, plus a lens mounted on an
helical:

- one by J.C. Bertin has a fiberglass body
  http://www.galerie-photo.com/appareil-6x9-jcb.html

- one by J. Goupy is custom built for a Schneider 65mm view camera
  lens fitted with the superb Prontor professional self-cocking
  shutter (too bad that those magnificent shutters are no longer in
  production). http://picasaweb.google.com/goupy.jean/W6x9V2

-----------

Of course in the luxury class of professional 6x9 cameras for which
you'll probably have to sell you car first, you have

- the Alpa 12 system
  http://www.alpa.ch/index.php
- the brand new Arca Swiss Rm3d
  http://www.galerie-photo.net/index.html?lang=fr&target=d178.html