[rollei_list] Re: 500/5.6 Tele Tessar for SL66 Comments

  • From: "Richard Sintchak" <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 20:17:38 -0800

I do not have one nor seen images from one but I hear it's a good
performer.  I have held one though and it is a MONSTER.  I had an
opportunity to get one for a very good price not long ago but decided
to pass because it's size and weight seem very impractical.  I hardly
take my 250 out with me due it's size as is!  That and I have a
beautiful and fantastically sharp 100-300 Vario Sonnar for my Contax
RX which of course is not MF does give a fairly similar field of view
at the long end to the 500 for the SL66.

--
Regards,

Richard S.
San Francisco

My Commute Photo Blog
http://shootingonthefly.blogspot.com/

My Flickr Page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich8155/

On 1/4/07, Mike Kovacs <mskovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can anybody post some photos from their 500/5.6 Tele Tessar?  Comments
on its performance, say compared to the 150/250 lenses that I do own?

There's a gorgeous one on ebay right now - mighty tempting!