[rollei_list] Re: 220 film in the 'cord IV, surprise!

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 22:55:27 -0400

At 10:40 PM 4/6/2009, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:

>The detail is that like for the Rolleicord you lose 1/2 frame, I
>obtain 11 1/2 frames opening the Rolleiflex back after the frame 6
>with 120 film, and then I'll obtain 23 1/2 frames with the Rolleiflex
>using 220 film like for the Rolleicord.
>
>BTW, it's always better to have the 12/24 lever, otherwise you need a
>dark room or a film changing bag or something similar to open the
>camera back in the middle of the roll, but this is the more practical
>method to use 220 film in a Rollei TLR that is not prepared to use this film.-

Carlos, you have to go through that 72-step process on the 12/24: shoot the first 12, flip the lever, do a blank advance, and then go forward. Just stuffing it in a changing bag without thought and cracking the back is not a bad deal. I might try this with my GX.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!