[rodgersorgan] Timeline

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:57:31 -0400

It has always been my opinion that Rodgers Church Organs have achieved success
due to the open
nature of how the Rodgers people work, do business and think.

A major part of that has been the people that have had musical influences over
the company.  I can
think of many names of people that are now with the company as well as others
that have floated in
and out of contact with Rodgers through the years.

While some of the luminaries in this list have had great theater organ
followings, Jonas Nordwall
and Tom Hazleton among others, they and others were consummate church organists
as well, making
their playing and musical contributions to the company go way beyond their
involvement in theater
organ projects.

Unfortunately for the Theater Organ crowd, whom I respect, the Theater Organ
went through its
Contemporary Instruments Push the Organ Out phase many years ago, and the
public didn't stop going
to the movies.

But the instrument is of such interest it lives on, as it should.  Is there
economic profit, or even
breakeven status for the creation and marketing of these instruments today?
That's another story,
and answered better by looking to the pipe organ builders, whose creation of
these instruments is
very rare today.

Just because we love them we would like to see them in the product line.

--
noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com