[rodgersorgan] Re: RSS

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 00:06:20 -0400

It's important to note that the RSS is not a reverb box.

Rather it is a sophisticated device that calculates room dimensions and process
the audio of the organ in the sound of that room.  While part of the sound is
the dying away part, there is also an immediate presence that the RSS creates
in
the steady state of the sound as well.

Those who don't like the effect of the dying away of sound can still like RSS
as
a result.

Having had the chance to serve in  German and Italian cathedrals, I have grown
to rather like the effect.

I can think of only one church that I have worked with in the past 10 years
that
does not need RSS....

--
noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa

Soon to be published for the Rodgers Organ: Sommer Sonaten für Orgel - Summer
Sonatas for Organ and MIDI Orchestra!