[rodgersorgan] Re: Possessive organists

  • From: "Richard Wildhirt" <rwildhirt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 19:41:22 +0000

That's our reason as well for keeping not only the organ locked, but also
theentire balcony.  We have oodles of money tied up in instruments and
electronics up there, and we don't want just any schmo going through there
tosatisfy curiosity.  Anyone is welcome to look, touch, and play, as long as
they ask first.  Same way with the church building.  We are located in a
populated area.  Crime rate isn't high, but it does happen.  We're just
acting responsibly.However, it is ironic that the first week after we
decidedto start locking the organ, someone had the audacity to force the
rolltop open and break off part of the wood.  No other damage occured that I
could find.  I repaired the chip with wood glue, and now it's probably
stronger than before.

Richard Wildhirt
Federal Way, WA
St. Luke's Lutheran Church
Rodgers 940/PR-300S >From: HANEYRPH@xxxxxxx >Reply-To:
rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >Subject:
[rodgersorgan] Re: Possessive organists >Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:45:05 EDT
>>>We keep our organ locked for one reason: uncontrolled children roam the
place >at all times, without supervision. We had to replace an actual piston
button >before because one took their fist and physically broke it..But
anyone is >welcome to play it, by looking in the bench for the key, or
askingthe church >secretary. >While on the subject, I know of congregation
members who are upset that the >church building itself is locked at night
andwhen there is no staff >present...because it should be open for prayer or
meditation, and no one >would steal anything from a church. We allowed this
policy for awhile, and >when various individuals were startled by people
asleep in Sunday school >rooms come Sunday morning, bottles in hand, it was
discontinued. >>Clark Haney Wells >Tahoka, Texas
www.frogmusic.com/rodgersmem.html >>

Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. [1]Get 2 months FREE*.

--- Links ---
   1 http://g.msn.com/8HMYENUS/2749
New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com