[rodgersorgan] Possessive organists

  • From: Illjane@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:07:19 EDT

     Very interesting subject, Keith - why are organists allowed to be
possesive about their organ to the extent of keeping the organ locked and
bringing the only key home with them?  Why does the church allow it?
     1)  the church is afraid of their wrath?
     2)  the church sees it as someone taking very good care of their
property?
     3)  the church doesn't have an alternate person or opinion
        I think you make a good point that if a church does not moniter our
behavior, then there is no one else.  Maybe the organists guild could teach
different behavior - but would it help?
      Lastly - why are some organists so possesive?
      It could be related to pride and/or control issues.
      Um.....I'm having a hard time coming up with other reasons.  Oh,
protection of property, especially if it had been vandalized in some form
before.  Other suggestions?
  Jane

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com