[rodgersorgan] Re: MIDI

  • From: Ralph Cullen <rcullen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 21:00:57 -0700

Hi Randall,
We installed an automatic tuner in a 927 interfaced with 18 ranks of pipes.
It works fantastically well. The organist, who was before always worried
about the pitch of the organ vs the pipes, has totally relaxed now. You can
watch the temperature of the pipes going up or down (and hence the pitch)
on the tuning display on the console. Really quite intriguing.
The secret with the tuning device is to ensure that the sensor is fitted to
a pipe which tracks the overall temperature of the organ accurately. This
means it must not be too big (like an 8' pipe) or too small (like a treble)
I fitted the sensor to a pipe in the Octave about Tenor C (like about two
feet long. ) This seems to have worked well. I recommend it. Note: be aware
that there are some software up dates required for some of the later organs
(T9xx) to overcome problems generated by the addition of this tuning
device. Your dealer will know it all.
Cheers,
Ralph
Rodgers Freak,