[rodgersorgan] Re: Help with Rodgers pipe control system

  • From: Paul Soulek <soulek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 16:18:25 -0500

Ed Wilson wrote:

> Is this an "existing" installation (i.e., been installed for years, all of a
> sudden having problems) or a "re-installation (i.e., old system > connected
> to new console, moved from somewhere else, what have you)??

This system has been installed for about a year---the driver boards were
purchased new, and the power supply (Rodgers) was purchased used from a
dealer (was in like-new condition). Everything is connected now just
like it was when everything was working (I have checked, double, triple
checked this just to make sure)

> Was any work done on anything electrical in the church recently (breakers
> changed out, new wiring system added to the church kitchen, > et.al.)?

No---everything is the same.

> Has anyone been in the chambers for anything recently? (pipe tuners,
> construction workers, et.al.)?  I have seen several cases lately where >
> someone goes in, crushes a cable, drives a staple through a cable, etc.

No--I am the only one that has "access" to these areas...I've double
checked the integrity of the cables and made sure that they are inserted
securely---just as they always have been.

We did have the chest open a month ago to fix some troublesome magnets.
However, it worked fine up until this week.

Thanks so much!
Paul
!
Find new MIDI music and Guides to Rodgers Organs at www.frogmusic.com