[rodgersorgan] A Suggestion for List Members

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 18:31:25 -0400

A note from a Moderator!

As you may all recall, we moved this list from Yahoo to freelists.org as since
then I  (and we hope you also) have experienced a drop in the amount of junk
mail.  Unfortunately Yahoo has become Spam City, with your and my addresses
being passed from hand to hand.

This service, freelists.org, is absolutely free.

How can we express our appreciation, and help keep it free?

Many of us are using email filters to avoid the junk mail.  Even so there is a
vast amount of mail flowing here and there, so sometimes the easiest way to
curb
it and get the messages you need to read from family and friends is to get a
new
email address.

If you are contemplating this - or are joining the federal witness program and
need a new identity anyhow - the kind people who offer this service fund it by
running a $5 a month web service.

I am very satisfied with Earthlink.com, but need more storage space - for only
$5 a month I get 50 Megabytes along with the email address and everything else.

 From their web site:

Just $5 per month gets you:

     * 50 Megabytes of space to store your Mail and Files. That's 50 times the
offering of many other services!
     * You get access to MailandFiles.com's experienced, well-trained support
staff.
     * All support inquiries are answered within 24 hours by a live human being!
     * Access to your email from anywhere, anytime, through POP3, IMAP, or our
Web Mail interface.
     * Access to your files from anywhere, anytime, through FTP or the same Web
Mail interface.
     * Build your own web pages! Share pictures with your family!
     * No advertisements: Unlike other services, we don't pollute your messages
with ads.
     * Security: All personal information is transferred securely and reliably.
     * Privacy: We won't sell or give your information to anyone.
* Reliability: We're designed from the ground up to be available 24/7/365.

A quick look at the MailandFiles.com interface:
Checking Email Managing Files

Several options are available for accessiblity:

     * Access to your email through POP3: The the simple standby, allowing you
to download mail to your PC to save space on the server.
     * Access to your mail through IMAP: A more advanced solution, allowing you
access to your mail from anywhere with popular clients such as Outlook®. Your
mail is stored on the server if you use IMAP.
     * Access to your mail through our Web Mail interface: Good enough to use
as
your only mail client, our Web Mail software allows for quick, easy, and secure
access to your mail and files from anywhere.
* Manage your financial info easily: Change cards and addresses quickly and
easily.

MailandFiles.com is a name you can trust: we're brought to you by the same
people that built FreeLists, the best free mailing list service on the 'net.
Our
staff is knowledgeable, efficient, and friendly, and our services follow suit.
--

www.mailandfiles.com

Check it out!

noel jones, aago