[roc-chat] Re: Separate LPR area at ROCtober - Voting is cool!

  • From: Chris J Kobel <Chris.J.Kobel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 22:47:22 -0700

Move the June Rocstock to the second weekend in May (Mother's Day weekend)
and I'll never be able to attend another Rocstock!!   :-(

From:   Jeff Gortatowsky <indanapt@xxxxxxxxx>
To:     "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   06/24/2012 07:37 PM
Subject:        [roc-chat] Re: Separate LPR area at ROCtober - Voting is
cool!
Sent by:        roc-chat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My last posting *unless* something else comes up. Really. Honest.

>1) Should we move ROCstock to October
No

>1a) If so what becomes of ROCtober
Stays as is

>2) Should we have 2 fall over night launches
Yes. But either is okay with me. It's not like I'll boycott (much to
some's dismay!)

>3) should we move June Rocstock to May
Worth a shot

>3A) If so, should we keep some flexibility in for 'special events - I.E.
LDRS NSL
I guess so... why not?

>4) is there a way to speed up the front row including one of the
following;
>L4A) add mini range
I am for this. Far enough away and it will be fine. I am not talking 'just
down the pike'. I am talking 10 minutes walking time away to the south and
east. And a misfire alley to boot... bring your own pads and controllers.
(People can share as well.) Each station has a numbered paddle. ROC
provides flight cards, paddles, a speaker system, RSO and LCO. When you
are ready, you hold up a numbered paddle and the LCO announces your
flight. I believe thats how a misfire alley works. My understanding is
throughput is great. (PS: I am pretty sure there are (or has been) entire
NSLs run this way.)

>4B) Add a front row only RSO - Pad manger (during busy times)
We cant get enough people now.

>4C) add more pads
Just takes longer to cycle through them.

>4D) no more announcing rockets to be launched on the front
Announce who not what. "Mike Kramer's rocket is on pad 1, sky and range
are clear, 3, 2, 1, launch

>4E) don't change anything
I am not saying that at all. 30 ROCStocks in a row and they all have one
thing in common. Longer than they should be lines. (IMNSHO)

>5) Buy Mike Kramer a beer, cold preferably dark
Dank and dark... nice... I'll take a Belgium. Something about 10-12 ABV

>Just putting it out there
JMO

>Mike Kramer
Jeff