[roc-chat] Re: ROC Launch Report - July 2014

  • From: "Robert Koepke" <rkoepke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 07:39:59 -0700

On behalf of the 90 students that attended the July ROC launch, we would
like to thank the ROC membership and especially Greg Lyzenga and the board
for arranging for our large group, Richard Dierking for the range setup, and
David Erbas White for RSO'ing.  The launch was a very positive experience
for these Mendez Middle School students from Santa Ana.  When the students
returned to their Summer Science Camp on Monday, half voted to start a
rocketry club at their school.  And there is a lot of interest in starting
both Team America Rocketry Challenge and Student Payload and Rocketry
Challenge teams this year.  Opportunities like this do make a difference in
these young lives.

Bob, Jann, and Sjoen Koepke