[roc-chat] Placement of Camera Pod - L3 Project - Near Aft End or Further Forward?

  • From: "Lesnick, Mike" <mikel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 22:48:17 -0400

Attached are a couple of pictures of a camera pod I'm planning on
attaching to my L3 project.  I will be using a "Booster Vision" cameras
which fits perfectly in a 29mm tube and can be retained by a 29mm Aero
Pack motor retainer.  The question is, does it matter where this is
placed.  My project should be "over stable" and weight is not a big
factor on this one.  That said I'd appreciate feedback about whether to
place this near the aft end or further up on the rocket.  I'm interested
in feedback about both the best construction technique and the best
place to get a good video.  Close to aft end or further forward.

Side View On Bench                                     Side View On
Airframe                       View From Rear of Airframe

Side View On Bench
Side View On Airframe
View From Rear of Airframe

Michael Lesnick