[roc-chat] Re: Osiris 3.9XL - Virtues of an Altacc...

  • From: "Chris Feenstra" <chris.feenstra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 13:54:57 -0700

The AltAcc, etc. software was written when the serial port was always there
and never went away. The USB to serial adapter's serial port appears when
the cable is connected, and disappears when it is removed. This old software
isn't set up to handle this. That is why you have to connect the USB to
serial cable, let the Windows recognize it, then set the software to use it.

I have a Prolific PL-2303 USB to serial cable. This cheap adapter works with
Windows XP and 7 and has worked with every program and piece of hardware I
have tried. I did need to download and install newer drivers. I had problems
with other adapter cables.

Chris Feenstra

(909) 792-4641

(909) 253-3695 cell