[roc-chat] Re: My Rocstock 35

  • From: Chris J Kobel <Chris.J.Kobel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 12:10:07 -0700

Jeff,

James and I had a great weekend (34 flights total!) and enjoyed working
and spending time with you.  Hope to be able to hang out at a ROC event in
the near future.

Thank you also for the great pictures of James and his Goblin.  If it
isn't too much trouble, we would love original images of pictures #4-6 and
#23-26.

Chris and James Kobel

From:   Jeff Gortatowsky <indanapt@xxxxxxxxx>
To:     "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:   06/09/2012 09:09 PM
Subject:        [roc-chat] My Rocstock 35
Sent by:        roc-chat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I spent Thursday and Friday out on the playa. Traffic was such I got there
very late thursday morning but was able to make myself 'somewhat' useful
for Richard. Not very, but at least a little.
Thursday was a great flying day - I would not have flown had I not at
least done some range work, little as it was, that was the 'perk'.

Chris Kobel and his son must have got in 10 flights or more Thursday...
that the benny of helping to setup the range!

I launched on a maiden flight an Aerotech IQSY Tomahawk on a F40-7 and I
maidened my scratch built Deucey 2.5 on a D12 to an E9-6.
Friday was wonderful right up to 11:30am when the wind turned nasty. These
things happen... but it was still blowing 24 hrs later.

Friday AM I flew my Dagger 38 on an Aerotech I366R. Last flight I cracked
a fin on a 60 inch chute. So I went to a 72... I got the rocket up, but
not the chute out. It 'lightly' core sampled cracking the quantum tube...
repairable... if I decide to... I may just harvest the parts for a future
build. I then flew my upscaled The Launch Pad Osiris on a CTI I212 for a
nice flight, and my rebuilt VB Javelin on a CTI H410 for another nice
flight.

Chris Kobel and Mark Hayes, I also have some nice pics in the group. I can
send the originals. Richard, I can send originals of the Post Hole Digger
of Death... I was not prepared for the flight, so the images are not as
good as they could have been.

Many many many thanks to Allen Farrington and Kurt Gugisburg for their
company and friendship. Ditto to David and Jim Reese as always! And
Jared-the-man-Shapiro!!! Jared you rock!

And thanks to Jack at Whats Up Hobbies for the deal on the nose cone!

Big thanks to Mark Hayes from Stickershock.com for the hospitality!!!
Thanks Bro!

Photos that I have are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffgortatowsky/sets/72157630029596017/