[roc-chat] Re: Mr Dierking suggestions/observations

  • From: Richard Dierking <richard.dierking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 11:33:55 -0700

I've been using a scroll saw to cut the grooves.  You could also use a band
saw, jig saw, or hacksaw.  I had an extra fin for my recent project and
attached a photo.  It's 3/16" Lexan, so sorry it looks a little weird in
the photo.  However, you can see the cuts.  After the cuts, I blow out all
the debris with an air compressor.  Also I use the compressed air to clean
the MMT after roughing it up.

This greatly increases the amount of surface area for the bond.

Please let us know how the fin attachment works.

Richard