[roc-chat] Re: Lead shot - Tungsten Is Denser and you can get tungsten Shot in a variety of sizes

  • From: "Lesnick, Mike" <mikel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 22:39:37 -0400

All

I often use tungsten shot because it is heavier than lead and I can get
it in a variety of sizes.  I started using this with my boys in the
Pinewood Derby / Cub Scouts era for weight and have been using is to add
weight to rockets since then

I get fairly small tungsten beads ("shot") and mix it with epoxy and
glue it where it needs to go (usually in the nose.  I also use the
method I've seen in various places where you drill a couple of holes
through the nose cone where the epoxy / shot mixture will be and push
some brass rod through e holes.  When the mixture dry around the rod as
well as stuck to the cone it's a pretty solid attachment .

You can get Tungsten Shot at the following website:

http://www.tungsten-spheres.com/tungsten_shot.html

May even put some in my next t shirt

Mike

Michael Lesnick