[roc-chat] Re: In Line External Altimeter Bay

  • From: Steve Trammell <stramm8235@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 20:59:23 -0400 (EDT)

I assume the e-bay will have a vent so have you thought out possible pressure spikes (up and down) throughout the recovery phase? Use long shock cords to minimize stress on the e-bay.

Trammell

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 1:29 PM, RocketDog wrote:

I would like to take a RRC2 and place in an e-bay that will be ejected at apogee. The e-bay will be be secured between the 2 separated sections of the rocket. I will be using a cutter to release the “burrito” wrapped parachute. I would like to be able to use the ebay in different rockets. The motor ejection charge will be used to push everything out. I am wondering if the altimeter will function correctly as the descends to the main deployment at 500 feet? I know I could also use a timer without the altimeter concerns. However I prefer the altimeter. Thoughts please?