[roc-chat] Re: Everything About T-shirts

  • From: Richard Dierking <richard.dierking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 09:23:43 -0700

I believe that all the T-shirts are done and Melinda has them.  She is
planning on bringing all the orders to the September launch.  I'm not the
know-it-all for T-shirts and I'm posting just to let everyone know that
it's being taken care of.  If you live a great distance from the launches,
please let the Board know (not on chat please) and we will see if your
T-shirt can be shipped.  You can post to the Board through the
www.rocstock.org website.  Please keep in mind that shipping charges will
come right out of the funds we use to maintain equipment and run the
launches.  We've been trying to sell old ROCstock T-shirts to lessen the
loss on these.  Yes, we are selling them at a loss.

Here's what happened: The Board was trying to simplify things a bit by
having preorders for the June ROCstock.  We didn't know that our supplier
was going to get slammed by another large order right before ROCstock.  So,
ROC's didn't get printed until after the launch.  Also, please consider if
we have lots of T-shirts left over and then, we have to let them go below
cost.  Again, the Board is working for the best solution to get everyone
the T-shirts they want and maintain fiscal responsibility.  That's what the
T-shirts are all about.

ROC's a non-profit club and we sell T-shirts because it helps fund
launching rockets for our members and visitors.  I know there are people
that have been collecting T-shirts since the beginning and others that just
like wearing ROC T-shirts, and we are not insensitive to these people.

We are working on having T-shirts available at ROCstocks plus being able to
order a special T-shirt (e.g. pocket, long sleeve, women's) on-line.  I
know I joke a lot about the T-shirts, but the Board really cares about
serving the members and others that visit ROC launches.  Can't you tell we
care?  Look at all we do!  Don't let the T-shirt thing be the focus of what
you think of this club.

So, I hope this answers many of the questions about the last T-shirt orders.

BTW: I'm thinking Peace, Love, and Rockets is going off the T-shirts when
In God We Trust is not on money any more.  :-)

Richard Dierking
Equipment Manager