[roc-announce] REMINDER: Self-Nominations for ROC 2011 Board Elections

  • From: Greg Lyzenga <lyzenga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, roc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 20:55:52 -0700

Hi ROC Members,

I think you'll all agree that ROC pulled off another awesome event in the
just-completed NSL 2011/ROC-Stock.  There were plenty of awesome flights, great
events and good friendships strengthened.  As Prez Rick reported earlier, the
NAR delegation and our visitors from out of state were impressed with the
quality of our launch and with the fellowship and family atmosphere throughout
the weekend.

It goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) that none of this would be
possible without the volunteer efforts of ROC members doing the hard work on
the flight line and behind the scenes.  We may have great equipment and a great
launch site, but it's the people who make ROC the great club it is.  Thanks and
congratulations go out to you all.  Which brings me to the subject of this
message...

Back in May, I sent out a call for nominees for election to the ROC Board.  So
far there have been a grand total of -ZERO- nominations, so it my duty to get
my nag on.  Please consider putting your name in!  We need fresh energy and
fresh ideas on the board in order to keep ROC moving forward.  Even though
we're through with hosting the two big national events on our agenda, there are
plenty of challenges ahead.  I've heard many members with good ideas about
launch logistics, trailers, threats to our launch site, public outreach etc.
Your contribution is needed NOW.

Just in case you didn't save the original mailing, here it is again so you can
get your election campaign going:

There are nine ROC Board members, each serving 3-year terms on a
rotating basis.  There are three ROC Board seats up for election this
year: Greg Lyzenga, Wedge Oldham, and John Van Norman will all have
their current terms on the ROC Board of Directors end at ROCstock 34 in
November, 2011.

To fill their seats, we are now accepting self-nominations from
prospective ROC Board Members.

Voting rights and eligibility to serve on the ROC Board are limited to
paid ROC "Executive" members, ROC Board members, and ROC "Lifetime"
members only. While ROC "Daily" and "Family" members are welcome to fly
with us at any launch, they are not eligible to vote in ROC elections,
nor to run for positions on the ROC Board of Directors.

So, if you'd like to be eligible to vote in the ROC election, or to run
for the Board, now is the time to pay your annual dues, and become an
Executive Member of ROC.

To self-nominate, prospective candidates for the ROC Board should
prepare a short statement of their qualifications, and mail it directly
to David Erbas-White, our Election Chair.  All candidates are also
encouraged to include a photograph with their statements.

Candidate statements and photographs must be emailed or postmarked
between now and June 30, 2011.

The address for candidate statements and photographs is:

ROC Board Nominations
c/o: David Erbas-White
P.O. Box 323
Lake Forest, CA  92609-0323

Alternatively, candidate statements and photographs may be emailed to:
bigbearrockets@xxxxxxx

Ballots will be printed and mailed out during September to all eligible
ROC Members, along with a copy of the statements and photos submitted by
every candidate.  Candidate statements and photos will also be posted on
the ROC web site.

Completed ballots must also be mailed back to our Election Chair,
David Erbas-White, and must be postmarked no later than November 1, 2011.
Late ballots will not be counted.  David will tabulate the election
results, and the results of the election will be announced at a ROC
membership meeting to be held on Saturday, November 12, 2011, at
ROCstock 34.  The newly elected board members will start their terms at
that time.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Greg

Greg Lyzenga
ROC Vice President - NAR #13295 / Tripoli #12088