[riseholmebees] queen introduction

  • From: HARVEY HOWSON <harvey.howson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riseholmebees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 06:32:18 +0000 (GMT)

HI all
I checked on the hive yesterday to which I introduced a new queen. The queen
had
been released from the cage and their was 1/2 off eggs present in the hive so
up
to now it seems to have worked. The nuc I have removed the frame feeder and
replaced it with 2 new frames with foundation and stopped feeding as the 3
frames already in their are crammed with honey so by putting in the 2 frames I
hope will encorage them to draw them out and also give the new queen providing
she mates sucsessfully somwhere to lay if. mating is not sucessful then I will
transfer the frames of stores back to the original hive.
All going well up to now.
Harvey