[riscos-printing] Re: Epson Stylus C84 smearing magenta

  • From: Peter Jennings <aoum51@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 20:23:09 +0100

Gary Jones wrote:
Hi

My C84 has started to smear magenta right across the page. Small amounts of magenta are being placed correctly on the page but only along
 certain lines.

I've done numerous head-cleaning routines and I've even changed
the magenta cartridge but it is still occuring.

Does this signal the
end of the colour print head? Can anyone suggest anything else I might try
 to rectify this?

TIA
Gary
Hi

I have a different printer but I have recently had trouble with a cartridge of magenta ink which laid a film of magenta all over every print I made with it. It turned out to be from a bad batch of cartridges and when I was supplied with one from a different batch the problem was solved.

It may be worth checking with the supplier and asking for a replacement cartridge from a different batch.

Regards

Peter Jennings
jennings@xxxxxxxx

Inbox protected by ClearMyMail