[rff] Ride for Fatherhood update and test of mapping links

  • From: gene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 18:06:24 -0700

The following is a test of a new mapping program that came with my GPS-enabled cellphone. At present, it is just one of my daily bicycle commutes home from work, but I think there is potential for using this to share our route as we go. Click the link and let me know what you think about using this as a way to share info. It is automatically recorded and uploaded by my cellphone, so the data is pretty close to real-time, and the photo gallery is kinda cool too.

http://www.allsportgps.com/Data/ActivityDisplay.aspx?tripId=152714

This also give me an excuse to touch base with the mailing list and let y'all know that we are still locked on cocked and ready to go. Sure, I'm a little nervous...maybe even a little scared, but mostly just ready to get this show on the road.

If you go to http://www.rideforfatherhood.org and click on the calendar of events on the left side, you will get a calendar that should be good up through August. In case you're wondering how we can plan our days out so far, we have several events in Jul and Aug that are on fixed schedules, so we know where we will be on certain days, even 3 months in advance.

Once you're into the main calendar, you can click on links for each day to show our route or what we ahve planned for that day. The calendar is actually kept in Excel, so updating it or even shifting dates around is a snap...drag, drop, and upload.

We'll give a yell when we get on the road. See you in NYC!

Gene
Stefan
Joshua
http://www.rideforfatherhood.org