[retroforth] Re: reuse word name?

  • From: Charles Childers <charles.childers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 04:57:51 -0500

> The definition
>   : whatever  s" whatever" type ;
> stores the character string two times.

True enough, once for the name in the dictionary, once in the string
table. It's separate memory areas... I have to admit though: when I
first read the "stores the character string two times" I though you
were talking about a bug in s" :-)

> How can I define a set of words printing their own names?
> SwiftForth has some words helping with this (>body >name >xt).

I'll see what I can do; it's early here, but I've got a few hours of
free time right now. Maybe I can pull something off.

--
Charles