[retroforth] Re: read from stdin?

  • From: "m g william" <mgbg25171@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 18:42:05 -0000

Hi Charles
You've done a lot of work on Retro since I last saw it.
Since I read that Retro was designed for learning rather than performance, I'm
forced to lean towards colorForth.
Version control, documentation etc is not upto your standard. Consequently I
waste a lot of time.
My PowerBasic app is going well now so I do at least have a design and can
start looking at porting.

I'm very interested in the structural differences, that affect run performance,
between colorForth and Retro and
wonder if you have ever benchmarked colorForth against c.

I tried to assemble some of the stuff from Tim Neitz site using NASM. I
couldn't. I liked the idea of this
'cos its similar to FASM apparently.
The only thing I can assemble is the 800X600AGP non-DMA colorForth.

I can run color.com of both Jeff and Chucks site but can't assemble them from
the 3 asm files. Shouldn't
there be a .blk file some where for these?

Keep up the good work and good luck to you.
Rgds Dean