[regional_school] Re: Diane Ravitch in rochester

  • From: "Ellen Weber" <eweber1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:46:57 -0400

Thanks Dan, how thoughtful of you to offer ticket and especially for the way
you facilitate folks who bring positive offerings to improve learning and
assessment.

Regretfully,  I am unable to attend this session, Dan, yet several questions
about current practices come to mind - beyond Ravitch's shift in beliefs:

1. How does she prosper diversity coming together in ways that facilitate
quality from all cultures - and negotiate fitting standards for all?

2. How specifically does she suggest that faculty, students and the wider
community, assess in intelligent-fair ways to meet quality standards?

3. What parts of her own renewal would improve classes for teens today, who
face knowledge delivery in ways that work against human brainpower?

4. What vision does Diana hold to inspire faculty who feel demoralized by
current conflicts in education, yet unable to launch genuine learning renewal
for all teens?

If I were in Rochester at that time and able to attend -- these are questions I
would  engage with Diane Ravitch, related to genuine learning renewal with
mutual dividends for all, and vision for a finer future. You?

Best, Ellen

Ellen Weber (PhD)
Director - MITA International Brain Based Center
PO Box 347, Pittsford, NY 14534
eBook: MITA in the Classroom and Beyond - at
http://mitaleadership.com/buyonline.html
MITA Brain Leaders and learners  blog: www.Brainleadersandlearners.com
MITA Brain Based Center Web Site  at www.mitaleadership.com