[realmusicians] Re: window-eyes behaving

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 01:54:24 -0500

Microsoft is always changing  API's and callback methods and such, so it
could be that. Or it could be that Window Eyes is failing to keep up with
the newer standards. We're always told as software engineers, if you depend
on a dynamic library or API calls, if that developer upgrades the library or
API, and some things become obsolete or they recommend changes, is always
good to upgrade your programs and functions accordingly, so that you don't
run into probs down the line.
Remember this being a big issue in 2005 when I was a freshmen in college,
there were some changes made by sun microsystems to the Java sdk, so certain
programs we were coding just stopped sending output altogether. Some of us
upgraded the sdk and learned the rootines and methods and worked it out that
way; others, they made a work around instead of fixing the issue completely.
Turns out that work around didn't work on the prof's system, so the program
fell flat on its face! Unfortunately that was the mid-term program! I guess
they learned the lesson...

Regards, D!J!X!