[realmusicians] we7.5.2 install

  • From: "Ross McGregor" <rossmcg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 19:47:52 +1100

Well I installed we7.5.2 on my 64 music machine and what a difference.

It was running quite well on 7.51 accept for occasional slow downs. I would
type a key and it would take 10 seconds for we to speak it.

This was quite random and hard to pin down.I didn't know if it was being
caused by we.

But I can only assume it must have been 51 as with 52 problem has gone, well
at least so far.

And it is quite a bit quicker now loading up a song.

I have a ssd for c drive and ssd for samples, so the load up now even with a
4 gig piano is quite quick around 3 or 4 seconds.

The install went off as per usual when you're fiddling around with
computers.

There were a few beeps and bops. Then the voice said a few words. Then there
was a small explosion and smoke came out the back of the computer.

It then played a short version of the Australian national anthem, followed
by a few more beeps and bops, then about 8 bars of the nutcracker suite.

Then a voice said install done.

So, in other words,all went as usual.

I had a wax model of George bush on my mantel piece. But unfortunately the
heat from the small explosion melted George, and he now looks more like a
plate of chocolate trifle pudding.

I also removed 3 or 4 aps from we. Hoping this may speed up things a bit. Is
this so?

I removed tb, jaws keys, itunes and something else.

Ross.