[realmusicians] Re: DJX, Partitioning After XP Installation?

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 17:15:13 -0500

Explain more of what you're trying to do.
You can shrink a partition with disk manager and create new ones if that's
what you mean, but you need to create the partitions before installing
programs that will use those drives.
For example, if you want dimension to use drive/partition D for samples, and
you installed it on C originally, you could move the folder and make some
registry changes to get it to work, however for other software it's not that
simple,  they require an uninstall/reinstall into the new drive.

HTH, D!J!X!