[realmusicians] Welcome Tom Kingston and Dave Heilman & Voice Chat is Comming

  • From: Chris Belle <cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 22:51:15 -0500

Well, some more fine folks have gotten here.

, Welcome, to my giant brained buddy up in New England, Tom Kingston who has forgotten more about recording than I'll ever learn, and to the strong hearted Dave Heilman,
who I've had the good pleasure to work with also.

By the way, We're working on a voice chat option for the list, teamtalk seems to be the bomb with lots of configuration options, and is pretty much unlimited and free.

It likes a static ip though, I've used it on my server box and opened up the right ports and such, but the dynamic to static ip solution I've used doesn't seem to do the trick so we're figuring that out.

also, another option is that we might just get a room from talking communities, but then we're stuck with only one room and have to pay them, I'd rather do something that gives folks the option to create private channels, and or share files, etc.

Teamtalk is very accessible, and the one executable acts as a client and server, with an xml file acting as the control file for the server, which runs as an nt service.

There's a nice wizzard that runs which configures it for you for most of the basic functions.