[realmusicians] Re: [Jsonar] improved session drummer 2 and 3 support for both screen-readers

  • From: Chris Belle <cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 17:04:16 -0600

Yes Phil, you did a great job on sd2.

But for window-eyes users, it will give them access to sd2, granted there probably aren't that many window-eyes users on this list, but one never knows.

But I am doing a very comprehensive set for sd3 which is much harder than sd2, but a better product.

One limitation of sd2 is that you can't use extra keys to route your sfz samples too, for instance, the snare rolls that came with sd3 in one of the sfz instruments loaded up in sd2 wouldn't play properly, rather they didn't play at all because sd2 couldn't recognize them.

Even after converting the samples, it only played part of the kit.

Sd3 has 12 pads instead of 10, and atleast on my system, isn't a hog, for some reason sd2 and dimension pro together don't work right, but with sd3 things are smooth as silk.

sd3 will load up more sample types like flac, and I can't remember off the top of my head if sd2 had a width control but that's a nice feature when your making your drums fit in a mix to narrow or widden the focus of your drums in a stereo field and the most important thing is that the contents, the samples that come with sd3 are much better.

I know it's not comparable to the great big stuff dfh and bfd and all that, but still, a nice tool.

I'm getting happy reports back from my first customers on my work 'grin'.

That is what I wanted you know I'm not as good with hsc as you are, and I was a bit intimidated, but I've always been the type to jump in with both feet and make a big splash, and I'll learn.

Well, spotting up sd3 was definitely jumping off in the deep end for me.

But because I'm covering two camps, maybe folks will give me a bit of slack 'grin'.

I'm going to have separate hsc and we setfiles for the mixer and the drumkit page.

And all the sliders and buttons will be accessible.

We don't have anything as nice for window-eyes yet as hsc for jaws, but window-eyes does a bang up job of finding things on the screen when jaws is quiet as a mouse 'grin'.

I won't say it's as good as having  sighted help, but it helps 'grin'.

Anyway, it's good to be productive, after doing all the christmas projects around here, this was a good thing to get in to.

Your my hero Phil 'grin'.

Actually, let me amend my statement about window-eyes on this list, there are a few of us second class citizens, wink wink, nudge, nudge here who might benefit from that side of the pie.

I know one in particular who has a free copy coming to him should he so desire, I won't mention any names, but bet he knows who he is, I'll give a hint, I'm using the best sets ever developed for sound forge that he worked hard on and gave to us so I couldn't ever dream of charging him for my session drummer 3 set 'grin'.

Actually it's session drummer 2 and 3 yikes, I better get that straight right if I'm going to blow my own horn 'grin'?

YOu guys excuse me for being a little silly in my own living-room.

Anyway, I'm hard at work making these better in both camps, and this will be a great couple of tools.

At 12:47 PM 12/22/2009, you wrote:
There's already excellent access to Session Drummer 2 with the freely
available HotSpotClicker sets that I put together.  Not planning two
withdraw that.

Regards, Phil Muir
Accessibility Training
Telephone: US (615) 713-2021