[real-eyes] help library data base

  • From: "Abels, Arnold V." <abelsa@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:03:26 -0600

Greetings,
I am using one of the library data bases at UMKC and am having a
challenge that I wonder if someone can give me some suggestions on what
to try.  I freely admit that I am not an expert JAWS user either.  In
the data base that I am using there are multiple drop down boxes on a
single row of text.  I can move around to the different drop down boxes,
however, I cannot get JAWS to read me the drop down boxes using either
the PC curser nor the Jaws curser. =20

In another row of drop down boxes on a different screen it will read the
entire line of text on the row, but not the individual drop down boxes
and the unique text within one drop down box. =20

The third problem is that I cannot get JAWS to read even what the
options are in any of the drop down boxes. =20

How can I get Jaws to read the text in one drop down box and the options
within the drop down box.  Using the arrow keys, up and down, has not
worked either.=20

If there is something I can do navigate this I would love to learn.  I
would also like to know if, on the other hand, it is a configuration
problem with the data base.

thanks in advance for your guidance.
Arnie