[real-eyes] Re: disable touch pad asus netbook

  • From: Steven Clark <kcpadfoot@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:47:36 -0600

I don't think it will work on other notebooks because from what I
understand from the author is she wrote it to interact directly with
some of the drivers from asus.  I read somewhere in her documentation
about a couple of asus drivers needed to be loaded before running this
utility.

Some asus models have a keyboard option to turn off the touch pad.  Its
just that the few models this utility is for doesn't offer a way to
disable it.
I used to have a dell laptop that offered that option in the driver's
setup to disable the touch pad.  Some netbooks and laptops have a small
button near the touch pad to disable its use.

Steve