[real-eyes] Windows explorer crashing on Dell Lattitude

  • From: "Duyahn Walker" <themusicman1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 13:28:38 -0400

Hi folks. I have a Dell Lattitude D520 and I am having the following
problem. When I try to type in a website from the run dialogue box, Windows
explorer crashes and gives me a run time error. However, when I go to
Internet explorer, everything works fine. I have tried to speak to some
folks at Dell but, they can not tell me what is wrong. I have tried to also
explain that I use Jaws as a screen reader. Is there a fix for this annoying
problem? I have the latest updates and everything and I have had two of
these machines. Could Jaws be causing the crash and it might not like
something? I even reformatted the first machine with some help and the
problems got worse after everything was reinstalled from scratch. For some
reason, with Jaws unloaded, it doesn't crash. With Jaws loaded? Forget it! I
have tried this with both Jaws versions 7.1, and 8.0. Any help or
suggestions would be appreciated.

Duyahn

If you wish to contact me, you may do so by the following ways.

MSN messenger: themusicman1@xxxxxxxxx
AIM Messenger: MKnightJones
Yahoo messenger: themusicman_2004
Skype: Duyahn