[real-eyes] Re: Thunderbird Configuration

  • From: "Fettgather, Jim" <jfettgather@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 21:12:57 +0000

I have not used Thunderbird in several years in favor of Windows Live Mail, but
there is an interesting discussion at

https://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/how_to_switch_off_preview_pane_in_thunderbird_17

It looks like it might be necessary to install an add in to accomplish this,
which sounds completely bizarre!

At one time, this could be done, but I remember having to press Control W to
close the message window rather than just pressing escape.