[real-eyes] The next Dine with Ruthie and Me Saturday May 21

  • From: Steven Clark <kcpadfoot@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:06:48 -0500

Dine with Ruthie and me.
Saturday May 21, from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
All are welcome as this is just a chance to get together with other
people and have good conversations, food, and a chance to get out and about.
If you can join us, we will be very happy.  If you can't, well that is
your loss and there is no need to apologize.
The Dine with Ruthie and Me series is nothing more than that.  The
dining has no affiliations to any groups or meetings, its simply a way
for people to get out and enjoy.

SWAGAT FINE INDIAN CUISINE
7407 N W 87th Street
Kansas City, MO 64153
(816) 746-9400 Phone
We are located across from the Majestic Theater in
Zona Rosa, Kansas City, MO.
Welcome to Swagat, the finest choice for North and South Indian dining
in Kansas
City area! We're here to serve you, seven days a week, with
mouth-watering dishes
from India's vast range of cuisines.
If it's a quick lunch you're looking for, we have a fantastic lunch
buffet. If it
is that cozy atmosphere and relaxed ambience you want, we have a dinner
menu that'll
delight you while you settle back and enjoy your evening.
For a long time now, we've been the most popular Indian restaurant in
the Kansas
City area. But don't just take our word for it, the Zagat Survey rates
us highly
too!
We have taken great care in insure that your dining experience is more
than you
expected.  Please take a moment to look at the inside of our
restaurant.  We hope
that
you are impressed with our attention to detail.  You can trust that our
Chefs will
create
your meals with the same care and enthusiasm!
We prepare our food carefully for your taste and health. All dishes are
cooked individually
in traditional Indian style.

Hot Appetizers
Vegetable Samosa (2pcs)
Spicy turnovers stuffed with potatoes and green peas
4.25
Vegetable Pakoras (5pcs)
Fresh vegetable fritters made with spinach, onions, potatoes,
cauliflower, ginger
and spices
4.25
Palak Pakoras
Fresh spinach deep fried in chick-pea batter and spices
4.25
Gobhi Pakora
Fresh cauliflower deep fried in chick-pea batter and spices
4.25
Vegetable Tikki
A tangy combination of vegetables and potato, ginger and spices patty
4.25
Paneer Pakoras
Fresh homemade cheese, deep fried in spicy chick-pea batter
5.95
Meat Samosa (2pcs)
Turnover stuffed with minced lamb and spices
5.25
Chicken Pakoras
Chunks of white chicken meat deep fried in chick pea batter
4.95
Swagat Platter
Combination of vegetable samosa, samosa, tikki and paneer pakoras served
with chutney
7.95
Chicken Tikka
Skewered strips of boneless chicken breast marinated in herbs and spices
and grilled
in the clay oven
8.95
Non-Vegetarian Platter
Combination of meat samosa, chicken pakora, chicken tikka, boti kabab
and seekh kabab
9.95
Swagat Specialties
Swagat Special Korma
Combination of chicken, lamb and shrimp cooked with nuts, raisins,
exotic spices
in a light cream
15.95
Swagat Special Masala
Combination of marinated chicken, lamb and shrimp cooked in a tomato
based mile masala
sauce
15.95
Swagat Special Rogan Josh
Boneless white meet chicken, lamb and jumbo shrimp cooked in thick
yogurt based sauce
and spices
15.95
Vegetarian Dinner for Two
Comes with vegetable soup, vegetable samosa, saag paneer, vegetable
korma, rice,
2 nan, raita and Gulab Jamun or Kheer
38.95
Swagat Dinner for Two
Comes with vegetable soup, vegetable samosa, chicken tandoori, Rogan
Josh, Chicken
tikka masala, basmati rice, 2 nan, raita and Gulab Jamun or Kheer
42.95
Vegetarian Dinner for Three
Cmes with vegetable soup, vegetable samosa, saag paneer, malai kofta,
rice, naan,
and gulab jamun or kheer
59.95
Swagat Dinner for Three
Comes with vegetable soup, samosa, Chicken Tandoori, Chicken Tikka
Masala, lamb curry,
Chicken Kadhai, rice, naan and gulab jamun or kheer
62.95
Swagat Dinner for Four
Comes with vegetable soup, vegetable samosa, tandoori chicken, chicken
tikka masala,
lamb karahi, shrim Jalfrazi, vegetable Korma, 4 nan, raita, and Gulab
Jamun or Kheer
81.95
Vegetarian Specialties
Chana Masala
Chick peas cooked with fresh tomatoes, garlic, ginger, onion, and spices
11.95
Malai Kofta
Vegetable croquettes cooked in a mild sauce with fresh herbs and mild spices
11.95
Dal Makhni
Lentils cooked with fresh garlic, ginger, tomatoes and spices
11.95
Bhindi Masala
Fresh okra cooked with onions, garlic, ginger and spices
11.95
Aloo Gobhi
Fresh cauliflower cooked with potatoes, garlic, ginger and spices
11.95
Mutter Paneer
Homemade cheese cooked with fresh green peas, herbs and spices
11.95
Aloo Palak Mutter
Fresh potatoes cooked with spinach, peas, and spices
11.95
Vegetable Korma
A combination of several vegetables cooked with homemade cheese and nuts
in a light
mild sauce
12.50
Paneer Masala
Homemade cheese marinated in our special sauce and cooked with mild
tomato based
cream sauce
12.50
Saag Paneer
Fresh spinach cooked with homemade cheese and spices
12.50
Shahi Paneer Korma
Homemade cheese cubes sauteed with fresh ginger, garlic in a creamy
sauce garnished
with nuts and raisins
12.50
Kadai Paneer
Homemade cheese cooked with fresh garlic, ginger, onion, tomatoes, bell
peppers and
spices
12.50
Baigan Paneer Bharta
Egg plant cooked in an open flame first, then cooked with fresh garlic,
ginger, onion,
peas and home made cheese
12.50
Tandoori Specialties
Indian-Style B-B-Q
Served with Rice or Nan
Chicken Tandoori
Tender chicken marinated in yogurt and spices and baked on skewers in
our clay oven
half 9.95
full 13.95
Chicken Tikka
Skewered strips of boneless chicken breast marinated in herbs and spices
and grilled
in the clay oven
13.95
Fish Tikka
Fish marinated in yogurt and spices and baked on skewers in the clay oven
15.95
Boti Kabab
Fresh chunks of lamb marinated in chef's special sauce and grilled in
the clay oven
15.95
Shrimp Tandoori
Prawns marinated in a hint of mint and slowly broiled in our clay oven
15.95
Swagat Mix Grill
A delicious combination of sizzling chicken tandoori, chicken tikka,
lamb kabab and
tandoori shrimp served with rice
half 12.95
full 16.95
Chicken Specialties
Chicken Curry
Boneless chicken cooked in thick curry sauce
12.95
Chicken Bombay
Boneless which meat chicken cooked in a sweet sauce of garlic, ginger
and onions
12.95
Chicken Vindaloo * * * (Hot)
Chicken cooked with potatoes and hot tangy sauce
12.95
Chicken Kadai
Boness chicken cooked with garlic, ginger, onion, tomato, bell pepper
and spices
12.95
Chicken Korma (Mild)
Boneless chicken cooked with nuts, raisins, exotic herbs and spices in a
creamy sauce
13.95
Butter Chicken
Boneless chicken cooked with fresh garlic, ginger, touch of tomato in a
light creamy
sauce and spices
12.95
Chicken Mango
Boneless white meat chicken cooked with fresh garlic, ginger, a touch of
mango pulp
and spices
12.95
Chicken Jalfrezi
Boneless pieces of white meat chicken cooked with fresh vegetables,
herbs and exotic
spices
12.95
Chicken Saag
Boneless chicken cooked with fresh spinach, freshly ground pieces, and
light cream.
13.95
Chicken Rogan Josh
Boneless white meat chicken cooked in thick yogurt base sauce and spices
13.95
Chicken Tikka Masala
Marinated boneless pieces of chicken grilled in clay oven and simmered
in a tomato
based mild masala sauce
14.95
Lamb Specialties
Lamb Curry
Succulent pieces of lamb cooked in a thick curry with herbs and spices
12.95
Lamb Vindaloo * * * (hot)
Tender pieces of lamb and potatoes cooked in a special hot and tangy sauce
12.95
Lamb Jalfrezi
Lamb cooked with fresh vegetables and exotic Indian spices
13.95
Lamb Kadai
A traditional North-Western dish, barbecued pieces of lamb cooked in a
work with
fresh tomatoes, onion, ginger, garlic, green peppers, herbs and spices
13.95
Lamb Saag
Chunks of lamb cooked with fresh spinach, garlic, ginger and spices
14.95
Lamb Korma (mild)
Lamb Cooked with nuts and exotic herbs and spices in a mild cream sauce
14.95
Butter Lamb
Tender pieces of lamb cooked with coconut, garlic, ginger, and a touch
of tomato
in a light creamy sauce and spices
14.95
Rogan Josh
Morsels of lamb marinated and cooked in a special yogurt-based curry sauce
14.95
Lamb Bombay
Tender pieces of lamb cooked in a sweet chilli sauce, ginger, garlic and
spices.
14.95
Lamb Tikka Masala
Tender pieces of lamb cooked with onion, garlic, ginger in a mild
tomato-based sauce
and spices
15.95
Seafood Specialties
Shrimp Curry
Jumbo shrimp cooked in thick curry sauce
13.95
Shrimp Jalfrezi
Shrimp cooked with fresh vegetables and exotic Indian spices
14.95
Shrimp Kadai
Jumbo shrimp cooked with fresh garlic, ginger, onions, tomato, bell
pepper and spices
14.95
Shrimp Vindaloo * * * Hot
Jumbo shrimp cooked with potatoes in a hot tangy sauce
14.95
Butter Shrimp
Shrimp cooked with coconut, garlic, ginger and a touch of tomato in a
light creamy
sauce and spices
14.95
Shrimp Bombay
Shrimp cooked in a sweet chilli sauce, ginger, garlic and spices.
14.95
Shrimp Saag
Jumbo shrimp cooked with spinach, ginger, garlic and spices
14.95
Shrimp Korma (Mild)
Jumbo shrimp cooked in a special creamy sauce flavored with nuts and
coriander
14.95
Shrimp Mango
Shrimp cooked with fresh garlic, ginger, a touch of mango pulp and spices.
14.95
Shrimp Coconut
Fresh Jumbo shrimp cooked with sweet coconut and spices
14.95
Shrimp Masala
Jumbo shrimp marinated with a hint of garlic and cooked with mild
tomato-based cream
sauce
15.95
Rice Specialties
All Biryani served with raita
Rice
Plain broiled rice
2.00
Vegetable Biryani
Basmati rice cooked with fresh vegetables, exotic herbs, nuts and spices
11.95
Chicken Biryani
Basmati rice cooked with chicken, fresh garlic, ginger, onion, nuts and
spices
12.95
Lamb Biryani
Basmati rice cooked with lamb, fresh garlic, ginger, onion, nuts and spices
14.95
Shrimp Biryani
Jumbo shrimp cooked with Basmati white rice, fresh onions, garlic,
ginger, nuts and
spices
14.95
Swagat Special Biryani
Basmati rice cooked with fresh ginger, garlic, chicken lamb, shrimp,
vegetables,
nuts and exotic spices
15.95
Hot Soups & Side Orders
Vegetable Soup
Spicy hot soup made with lentils, garlic, vegetables and coriander
2.75
Tomato Soup
Fresh Tomatoes cooked with spices and fresh coriander
2.75
Coconut Soup
Creamy shredded coconut soup with nuts
2.95
Chicken Soup
Boneless Chicken in a rich broth with fresh coriander
2.95
Garden Salad
Fresh Chopped cucumber, lettuce, carrot and tomatoes
2.75
Mango Chutney
1.25
Mixed Pickle
1.25
Raita
Cooling cucumber and yogurt. A perfect complement to a spicy entree...
1.50
Papadam
Crispy Lentil Wafer
1.25
Onion Chilli
1.25
Condiment Tray
Mango Chutney, Mixed Pickle, Raita, Onion and Mint Chutney
3.95
Fresh Baked Indian Breads
Nan
White bread baked in our Tandoor
2.50
Pashawary Nan
(stuffed with nuts & coconut)
2.95
Paneer Nan
(stuffed with homemade cheese)
2.95
Garlic Nan
2.95
Aloo Nan
(stuffed with potato & spices)
2.95
Pudina Nan
(stuffed with mint & spices)
2.95
Keema Nan
(stuffed with minced lamb)
2.95
Stuffed Basket
Combination of Pashawary Nan, Garlic Nan, Aloo Nan and Onion Nan
8.95
Paratha
Multi-layered whole wheat bread cooked with butter on a griddle
2.75
Aloo Paratha
(stuffed with potato)
2.95
Poori
Whole wheat deep fried puffed bread
2.50
Tandoori Roti
Whole wheat bread baked in our tandoor
1.95
Special Nan
Stuffed with Onion, Garlic, Potato and Spices
3.95
Desserts
Ras Malai (2)
Fresh homemade cheese patties cooked in a milk syrup with almonds
2.95
Gulab Jamun (2)
Golden fried cheese dumplings soaked in syrup
2.95
Kheer (rice pudding)
Rice cooked in sweetened milk with raisins and almonds
2.95
Gajar Ka Halwa
Carrot Cake
2.95
Ice Cream
Mango Melba, Mango ice cream,
Pistachio ice cream
2.95
Badami Kulfi
This ice cream is extremely rich due to the presence of large quantities
of milk
and almonds
2.95