[real-eyes] O T Transportation STORIES NEEDED!! ASAP

  • From: "jose" <crunch1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <KCPAWS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 10:25:48 -0500

Ok I now  have the full info on this meeting. please read on and  respond.
thanks.

Transportation Field Hearing

Thursday, August 27th

6 p.m.

Zion Grove Missionary Baptist Church

2801 Swope Parkway

In order to make the greatest impact at our public meeting, we need compelling
stories regarding the need for good public transportation in the KC Metro Area.
 Do you have a good story?  Do you know of someone who has a compelling story?
Let us know about it.

Provide Susan Crim, 816-931-6415, buck_crim@xxxxxxx with the following
information NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, AUGUST 14th:

·         Name of individual with contact information (who has given permission
to speak with me, or someone on the Transportation Hearing Task Force)

·         A brief summary of the story

We will try to use everyone's story in some way:  in a slide show, in the
printed program, as a featured story during the meeting.  We only have time for
a maximum of FIVE individually-told stories.

We are looking for stories that relate transportation to the following life
situations.  (These may help provoke ideas and do not necessarily mean that
stories must be limited to these areas.)

·         Students who rely on transportation to get to and from classes and/or
difficulties getting to part-time jobs, extracurricular activities, etc.

·         Parents who have transportation hassles/issues in getting to work and
any associated transit difficulties related to getting kids to child care

·         Elderly or other congregants who rely on public transportation to
receive medical care

·         Business owners who have difficulty filling certain positions as a
result of transportation issues

·         Lifestyle decisions by people who have decided NOT to relocate to the
Kansas City area because reliable public transportation is a characteristic of
a place they want to live, and KC doesn't have that

·         Other stories that illustrate how the lack of transportation has
contributed to divisions and inequity in our community

We're considering the following areas of diversity when determining which
stories to highlight at the meeting:

·         Age

·         Ethnicity

·         Gender

·         Race

·         Regional (Kansas and Missouri)

Jose Lopez
on the web at www.lopezlanguage.com
24/7 toll-free phone 888.824.3022

We Speak Your Language