[real-eyes] Re: Microwaves

  • From: "Reginald George" <adapt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 13:01:22 -0700

Well, this is a problem.  The only reasonably priced one, one by Hamilton
Beach for under $100, is no longer made.  Some still sell the Magic Chef one
from Independent Living Aids, but it costs over $300, and is equivalent to a
small 1 cubic foot, underpowered $60 microwave.

I personally like the Sharp microwaves with sensor cooking.  You press the
heat button one time and it detects how hot your food is and cooks it
properly without even bothering to set the timer.  I use puffy paint on the
touch screen, and then just mark the most important buttons such as the one
minute button which I can hit multiple times for the number of minutes I
want.  But that's just me.  You can also often at Sears find cheaper
microwaves with a mechanical timer dial that is easy to mark.