[real-eyes] Re: Microsoft Word compatibility with Mac

  • From: Jim Fettgather <jfettgather@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 17:15:56 +0000

You most certainly can save documents in Text Edit to Word format.
When you have typed your document, press Command S and type a file name.
Then, you will need to tab several times until you hear Voiceover say, "File
format, pop up button".
Press Control Option Space on the pop up button, then control option down arrow
until you get to Word 2007 format, and press control option space to select it.
Then tab over to the Save button, where you can press Enter.
This will give the file a Docx extension, which is what you want. That should
do it.