[real-eyes] Re: Mac question

  • From: "Fettgather, Jim" <jfettgather@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 13:07:41 +0000

Sheila, here's something to try to fully complete the repair permissions
process.  This will work if you are running Maverix, I believe it also works in
Mountain Lion.

Completely shut down the computer, and when you turn it back on, right after
the chime, press command R for a few seconds.
Wait a few more seconds, perhaps 30, then turn on Voiceover with Command F5.
You will then be on the recovery screen working with the recovery partition
where you can work with disk utilities for Macintosh HD.