[real-eyes] Re: Mac question

  • From: "Jim Fettgather" <jimfettgather@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 06:02:47 -0500

This will work if you are running Mavericks, not sure about prior operating
systems.

Shut down, then, when you restart, after the chime, hold down command R for
a few seconds..
This will take you into recovery mode.
Wait a few seconds, perhaps 30, then start Voiceover with Command F5.
You will be in the recovery consul, where you can run disk utilities and try
repair permissions again on Macintosh HD.
Hope this helps.